Monday, October 6, 2008

Peas on Earth


I bought a ring the other day. The silver says 'Peace' and it wraps all the way around my finger. But that doesn't have anything to do with anything.
Woke up today to a typical morning in Seattle. Wet, rainy, grey. I do enjoy the smell of rain though and how the leaves rush across the street in the wind.
I like it here, and it wasn't that long ago that I didn't.

Today I had the perfect opportunity to ask someone on the bus if I could take their picture. She was sitting by the window, reading. It was just pouring outside the bus, and it seemed like taking a picture of that moment would just encompass a day on the bus in Seattle. I hesitated...I kept looking at her, getting ready to ask but I could never spit it out. Next time...I just have to.

Pic 1: 20th street. It's right next to my favorite bookstore.
Pic 2: The hallway outside of my first class on mon/wed/fri.
Experiment in perspective.

2 comments:

Crow said...

interesting blog...i like the pics

Emily Vester said...

you've only posted 2 entries and i am already loving this. i feel like i'm getting to know a different side of you! love it!