Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organization

I was approached by the Mormon Missionaries on campus today. We had a nice little chat, but I made it clear that I was uninterested in their preachings but did have curiosity about religion in a strictly academic sense. After our discussion it started my gears turning again about what I believe and what I don't believe. I don't believe in god because I just don't. 4 years in college has even furthered my opinion on the issue.

You don't need the Bible to justify love, but no better tool has been invented to justify hate.
Believing there is no God gives me more room for belief in family, people, love, truth, beauty, sex, Jell-o, and all the other things I can prove and that make this life the best life I will ever have. And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence

1 comment:

bARBED wIRE sMILE said...

Nicely expressed. I do believe there is a dog.